About Me

My photo
I wanted to thank everyone who was interested in my house construction. Despite how much I hate blogs this would be the easiest way for me to share the progress. No talk about me standing in line at Target or other stuff no one cares about. Just construction, Good and bad.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Framing and final demo

It has been a long 4 days but we have had some great help and we are done enough. The contractors show up tomorrow morning. Thank you to John Nahra my framing partner who came through once again. Thank you to Jessica, Andy, Jodi and Matt for helping us move the furniture and clean up some of the mess.

Yesterday we moved just about all of the furniture out of the first floor. The guest bedroom is jam packed. We also put some of the furniture in the shed in the back. Most of the demolition was completed yesterday after we moved all of the furniture out. In the meantime John and I started to frame the new powder room and pantry closet.

Today there were a few last pieces of demo to do. I was trying to cut out the old top plate and didn't realize I was also cutting through a live wire. After a few sparks we had to turn off the circuit. Those wires need to get rerun by the contractor anyway, but we had to leave the power in that portion of the house out.

While Alison and Erin cleaned up the mess I finished the framing. Here are some shots from the last two days starting with two action shots.

 


This is where the refrigerator is going to go. The pantry used to be here. We also had to take out one of the return air ducts which will be rerouted.


This masonry wall will come out on Tuesday. Tomorrow they are going to set up the temporary shoring.

Here is the new powder room and pantry closet. On the fly we decided to add some built in shelves on the left side of the powder room door. This would be good for cable box, stereo system, DVD's, etc. The goal is to hang the TV on the wall next to the pantry.


This pile of trash has filled up the rear yard. It is about 7' tall. I was going to hire someone to haul the trash out but Andy suggested we take a few runs to the dump in his pickup truck. That was a great idea but for some reason the dump was closed...

 
Here is a shot of Jessica throwing something back on the pile after they returned from the closed dump.
 
We are excited to hand this over to the professionals. Things should move pretty quickly. Next up for me is to finish the cabinet order.

No comments:

Post a Comment