About Me

My photo
I wanted to thank everyone who was interested in my house construction. Despite how much I hate blogs this would be the easiest way for me to share the progress. No talk about me standing in line at Target or other stuff no one cares about. Just construction, Good and bad.

Friday, November 2, 2012

DEMO Day 1

I took off work on Thursday to start the demolition. Unfortunately my sewer line backed up the night before and I had to spend a few hours dealing with that. I couldn't fix it so I had to call in the professional. $575 later the clog was gone... Once the demo started, I was able to get more done than I originally thought. Thank you to Lauren for coming in the afternoon and helping.

The contractors came to check things out and take some measurements. I had the masonry wall open and they were able to measure and order the steel. By the end of the day my back was soar but had made a lot of progress. Here are some shots from the day.

I started with the shelves

Then to the bathroom.

That piece being held up by the refrigerator probably weighs 500 pounds.

The old plaster just crumbles and the house is officially covered in dust.



Lauren helping with the cleanup.

This is the masonry wall that is coming out


No comments:

Post a Comment