About Me

My photo
I wanted to thank everyone who was interested in my house construction. Despite how much I hate blogs this would be the easiest way for me to share the progress. No talk about me standing in line at Target or other stuff no one cares about. Just construction, Good and bad.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Drywall and new structure

On Tuesday they started to put up the drywall around the powder room and pantry. They also finished the work putting the new beam in to reinforce the sagging floor. We found that some of the existing 75 year old floor joists were so cut up with pipe holes. Some were sagging and cracked. It probably was not going to get any worse, but we decided to spend the time and money to fix the worst one. Here are some shots of the new beam.


 
That ceiling is a mess. They had to cut out all of the pipes and some existing structure to get this new beam in.

 
 
We had them span the new beam all the way back to the bearing wall behind the refrigerator.
 
 
 
 
That is the new pantry closet with drywall. There will be a full height flush wood door.



 
When I get back from Thanksgiving I think all of the drywall will be installed. Next they are going to start the built in shelves in the pantry and above the counter tops. Later in the week they will start to refinish all of the floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment